Prevention at a young age is key to promoting optimum oral health for a lifetime. Grand River Pediatric Dentistry follows the recommendations of The American Dental Association (ADA), The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) and The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) who state that the first dental visit should be within six months of the time the first tooth erupts, or by the age of one. Pediatric dentists, Dr. Vollmar and Dr. Condit will recommend a recall schedule based on your child’s risk for disease. Regular exams and professional cleanings can help to ensure optimal oral health. At Grand River Pediatric Dentistry, our Jenison, MI dental team consistently provides high-quality dental cleanings and thorough preventive exams.
Professional cleanings rid the teeth of harmful plaque and tartar build-up. This is important for preventing tooth decay, gum disease, and other oral health issues. Additionally, a professional cleaning by our hygienist may remove some surface stains. This can help keep your child’s teeth looking whiter and brighter.
During your examination, pediatric dentists, Dr. Condit and Dr. Vollmar will also:
- Evaluate your child’s overall oral health
- Discuss oral hygiene practices and habits
- Check your child’s bite and jaw for any issues
- Evaluate your child’s risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and growth abnormalities
- Evaluate existing tooth restorations to ensure they are in good condition
- Take dental x-rays if necessary
- Apply fluoride if indicated
Regular professional dental cleanings and exams are essential for maintaining a healthy mouth and a beautiful smile.
Contact our Jenison, MI dental office to request an appointment for a dental exam and cleaning.